“The purpose of a WOD is exercise. The goals of which are:
* building strength (and to reduce injuries by building stronger bones, muscles, and connective tissue)
* reinforcing your body’s ability to adapt and recover
* building neural adaptation and ‘practicing’ good movement
* to push to the limit of your physical and mental boundaries
* but most importantly: to be able to come back the next day and do it all again!
The purpose of a WOD is NOT:
* to rip your hands so you can’t deadlift/pull up/clean/snatch/KBS the next day
* to succumb and be a ‘slave to the clock,’ ignoring all proper form in order to get a faster time than your workout partner
* to work til you puke/pass out”
–Ruth Yu Rodgers. “For God’s Sake, It’s Just Exercise!” CrossFit Intrepid. March 13, 2012. Web.